Back to School Checklist
It’s back to school time! Here is a checklist to make sure you’ve got everything covered before the first day of school. You should receive transportation information by August 15.
- Update your student’s information in Powerschool. You will receive an email when the portal has been opened for updates. Be sure to complete all required forms, including the Technology Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. Your student will not be provided with their device until this agreement has been signed and returned to the office.
- Review student/parent handbooks. You will be required to sign off that you have read the handbooks during the returning student registration process. Please be sure to read carefully as there is much new information, including attendance policies.
- Download the 2017-18 School Calendar. Full Color Calendar | At-a-Glance Calendar | Bookmark the calendar of events page here.
- Download breakfast and lunch menus and make sure there are funds in your student’s lunch account.
- Fill out the free or reduced meals application if you qualify (income guidelines are here).
- Make sure your child’s immunizations are up to date and review important information from the school nurse.
- View school supply lists required for your child’s grade level.
- Pay any required student fees (information will be/has been sent home with students re: fees).
- Review the new daily bell schedule with your student. Middle School | High School
- Attend back-to-school events to meet the principal, teachers, and catch up with fellow classmates.
- Explore the new web site! Let us know if there are any additional resources you would like to see.
- Follow us on social media and subscribe to our e-newsletter so you don’t miss out on the great things happening at the Fairview Park City Schools.
Have a great school year! Grades 1-12 resume on August 21 and Kindergarten begins August 23.