The Fairview Park City Schools Kindergarten Program is a no cost full-day program. Parents can opt for half-day, but we encourage all students to attend full-day. A parent may request early admission to kindergarten if the child turns age 5 after August 1, 2018 but before January 1, 2019. Parents considering early entrance are strongly encouraged to start the registration process and attend kindergarten registration. Requests must be made in writing to the Fairview Park Board of Education Student Services Department, at least sixty (60) days prior to the start of school. Once received, students will be screened for early entrance following the guidelines in the Iowa Acceleration Scale. Please know that not all students who register for early entrance will qualify. Therefore, parents may want to consider an alternative plan for the school year, such as preschool or daycare.
Kindergarten Registration Requirements
- Go to www.fairviewparkschools.org and click on “New Student Registration” beginning March 1 and complete the online registration. Print any required forms to bring with you on March 21.
- Come to Parkview Early Education Center (21620 Mastick Rd., Fairview Park) on March 21 with the documentation noted below:
- Five years old by August 1, 2018
- Certified birth certificate (original or certified copy), baptismal record, or U.S. Passport.
- Custody/Guardian papers (if applicable) in original form with court stamp.
- Immunization records and Physical Form signed by child’s doctor.
- Driver’s license or picture ID
- Residency and Custody Affidavit (for the purpose of establishing school residence and custody. (MUST BE NOTARIZED)
- Owner Affidavit (if currently residing with relatives) (MUST BE NOTARIZED)
- Two Proofs of residency (driver’s license or cell phone bills are not accepted as proofs of residency):
- FIRST PROOF RESIDENCY
– Current Signed Lease
– Mortgage Statement or Deed
– Section 8 Documentation
- SECOND PROOF OF RESIDENCY
– Current Utility Bill (gas, electric)
– Home/Tenant Insurance Policy
– Municipal Income Tax Bill [RITA]
- FIRST PROOF RESIDENCY
Important 2018 Kindergarten Dates
3/1/18: Pre-Registration Opens Online
3/21/18: Kindergarten Registration Event – 9 a.m. to noon and 4 to 7 p.m. in the Parkview Early Education Center (21620 Mastick Road) gym. First come, first served. Please remember to bring all important documents.
8/22 and 8/23: Kindergarten Screenings by Appointment (More information will be available at Registration)
8/23: Kindergarten Meet and Greet, 6:30 to 8 p.m. (Meet the Teacher, drop off supplies, and enjoy popsicles on the playground.
8/24: Kindergarten Parent Meeting (parents only), 10 – 11:30 a.m., Parkview EEC Gym
8/27/18: Kindergarten First Day of School
Frequently Asked Questions
At what age can my child attend Kindergarten at FPCS?
Your child must be five years old by August 1, 2018. A parent may request early admission to kindergarten if the child turns age 5 after August 1, 2018 but before January 1, 2019. Requests must be made in writing to the Fairview Park Board of Education Student Services Department, at least sixty (60) days prior to the start of school.
What is the fee for Kindergarten at FPCS? There is no fee to attend Kindergarten at Fairview Park City Schools (except supply fees) for Fairview Park residents.
How do I enroll my child into Kindergarten?
Step 1: On March 1, 2018: Go to www.fairviewparkschools.org and click on the New Student Registration link. Fill out the registration in its entirety. Step 2: Attend Kindergarten Registration on March 21, 2018 with all required documents.
How will I know when my child’s bus will pick them up? You will receive school transportation information approximately one week before the start of school. You will learn more about transportation at the parent meeting.
What are kindergarten’s school hours? Students arrive at 8:50 a.m. with a tardy bell at 9 a.m. Dismissal is at 3:25 p.m.
What supplies will my child need to bring? Supply lists will be posted at www.fairviewparkschools.org prior to the start of school.
What is the cost of lunch? How do I set up a lunch account? School lunch is $2.60. At the time of registration, you will also have the opportunity to fill out a free/reduced lunch application. Prior to the start of school, you will also receive information on how to add funds to your child’s lunch account.
When can I meet my child’s teacher? Families may visit the Early Education Center for a meet and greet and “Popsicles on the Playground” on and meet their new teacher. Students may also drop off their school supplies on this day.
What are the before and after school care options? Parkview Early Education Center offers a limited number of before/after school spots. Please contact the office for more information.