Thank you for all of the kind texts, emails and social media posts over the past few days. I am so proud of everyone’s efforts to stay positive, support each other, and stay safe. Our staff has been working extra hard to help you and your children to adapt to our recent changes. We know it is hard for everyone. We acknowledge that trying to help your children while probably trying to work from home yourselves is an incredible challenge. Also, our hearts go out to those whose workplaces have closed and have potentially cut off a vital source of income for your family. We resolve to do everything we can here to ease your burden, provide whatever assistance we can, and get through this together with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out and let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we might do to help.
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions thus far. Please feel free to add your suggestions HERE to help us best help all of you.
Here are a few resources that we’ve pulled together for you today…
- Please remind your child that this is a learning tool and not a toy.
- Although Securly is filtering the device even outside of school, the best filter is a person in close proximity. Please monitor your child while they are on the device to ensure that they are using it as a learning tool.
- Use it to help with student learning, and balance time spent on the device along with other activities.
- Set appropriate guidelines/expectations with your child about usage, time management, apps/tools to use.
- When moving with the device, use two hands and keep the cover closed if possible.
- Do not keep drinks or liquids of any kind near the device without a spill proof lid.
- Remove headphones by grabbing the plastic end. PLEASE DO NOT yank on the wire.
- Please periodically look at your child’s search history. If you have questions about how to view search history or access your child’s Securly report, please email [email protected].
The Ohio State Tests and the End of Course test windows have been delayed indefinitely. The student testing site will not be accessible during the school closure.
Also, don’t forget that we have breakfast and lunch pickups for those who qualify tomorrow at Gilles-Sweet between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Our food service staff will be temperature checked before starting their day and they will be following extra-careful practices to assure the meals are safe for you. They have done a wonderful job planning and orchestrating the process needed to maintain food for those who need it. Feel free to reach out to our Food Service Coordinator extraordinaire, Diana Hill ([email protected]) if you would like more information, have a question, or are unable to swing by during pickup hours. We can arrange for delivery to your home if needed.
Finally, thank you for trusting all of us at the Fairview Park City Schools to care for your kids (and for all of you!) We are thankful and honored by your faith in us and will do everything in our power to continue earning that trust and support. #WeAreFamily… the Warrior Family!
Be well. Stay safe. Thank you.