The Developmental Assistance Program (DAP) at the Early Education Center is looking for 3-year-old and 4-year-old peer role models for our Special Education preschool classrooms beginning this fall (2021-2022 school year). If you are interested in an inclusive, accepting and affirming experience for your child, DAP may be it!
Your child may be a candidate for our pre-school program if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Is toilet trained (no pull-ups)
- Demonstrates age-appropriate play skills (share and take turns)
- Is able to follow adult directions in a timely manner
- Manages his/her frustration and accept disappointment appropriately
- Demonstrates age-appropriate language and communication skills
- Demonstrates age-appropriate self-help skills and can follow general routines
- Separates easily from parent and adjusts to new situations
Open to Fairview Park residents with a monthly fee of $50.00. Non-residents: $80.00 (plus a $30 supply fee for both residents and non-residents). Fairview Park residents have first priority.
3-4 year-old (AM class) peer screenings will take place on February 19, 2021 from 9 a.m – 12 p.m. (we will split the peers into 3 time frames and you will receive an email with what time frame to report)
4-5 year-old (PM Pre-K class) peer screenings will take place on February 26, 2021 from 9 a.m – 12 p.m. (we will split the peers into 3 time frames and you will receive an email with what time frame to report)
Location: Early Education Center, 21620 Mastick Rd., Fairview Park, Ohio
If your child attends daycare at the EEC, we will bring your child down for the screening when it is time.
Registration closes on February 12.
Once registration is closed you will receive more information and instructions as well as COVID protocols for safety.