The Developmental Assistance Program (DAP) at the Early Education Center is looking for 3-year-old and 4-year-old peer role models for our Special Education preschool classrooms. If you are interested in an inclusive, accepting and affirming experience for your child, DAP may be it!
Your child may be a candidate for our pre-school program if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Is toilet trained (no pull-ups)
- Demonstrates age-appropriate play skills (share and take turns)
- Is able to follow adult directions in a timely manner
- Manages his/her frustration and accept disappointment appropriately
- Demonstrates age-appropriate language and communication skills
- Demonstrates age-appropriate self-help skills and can follow general routines
- Separates easily from parent and adjusts to new situations
Open to Fairview Park residents with a monthly fee of $50.00. Non-residents: $80.00 (plus a $30 supply fee for both residents and non-residents). Fairview Park residents have first priority.
3-4 year old (AM class) peer screenings will take place on March 20 from 9 a.m – 11 a.m. (if we have several peers we will split the peers into 2 time frames and you will receive an email with time change) Please plan to accompany your child to their screening.
4-5 year old (PM Pre-K class) peer screenings will take place on March 27th from 9 a.m – 11 a.m. (if we have several peers we will split the peers into 2 time frames and you will receive an email with time change) Please plan to accompany your child to their screening.
Location: Early Education Center, 21620 Mastick Rd., Fairview Park, Ohio
Please do not bring any siblings to the screening. It is distracting to the peers and we are unable to see what we need during the screening.
If your child attends daycare at the EEC, we will bring your child down for the screening when it is time.
We look forward to seeing you and your child at our role model screening.
Please fill out questions in the form linked below.
Deadline to reserve your space is March 13.