Following the December announcement that Dr. Bill Wagner will retire at the end of the 2020-2021 school year, the Fairview Park Board of Education is embarking on the search process for a new Superintendent.
The Board is seeking input on characteristics and qualities of a new district leader and invites school and community stakeholders for feedback.
As part of the superintendent search, consultants from Finding Leaders will meet (virtually) with a total of 11 voluntary focus groups comprised of different stakeholders in the school and Fairview Park community.
The Finding Leaders consultants will be asking members of the focus groups to identify desired traits of a superintendent, characteristics and behaviors of the new superintendent, challenges and opportunities the new superintendent will face, etc.
Focus group meetings will be held via Zoom and will be approximately (45) minutes in length. Staff will receive a Zoom invitation from Fairview Communications.
The schedule was as follows:
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- District Union Leadership – 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Business Owners/Chamber of Commerce/City Government/Alumni/Community Members– 7:30 – 8:15 a.m.
- Central Administration Staff – 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- Building Principals – 9:00- 9:30 a.m.
- High School Students– One group from 10-10:30 and second from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Gilles Sweet Teaching Staff – 3:00- 3:45 p.m.
- MS/HS Teaching Staff – 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
- District Classified Staff – 4:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Early Education Center Staff – 6:15- 7:00 p.m.
- Gilles Sweet and Early Learning Parents/Guardians* – 7:00 – 7:45 p.m.
- Middle/High School Parents/Guardians* – 7:15 – 8:00 p.m.
Tentative Timeline (updated 3-17-2021)
Secure initial input from the Board of Education – January , 2021
Conduct focus group meetings – January, 2021
Begin advertising the position – January, 2021
Application deadline – March 1, 2021
Finding Leaders screening and interviews – By March 18, 2021
Report to the Board the list of semi-finalists and the results of the focus groups – March 18, 2021
Board first round interviews (Two nights)- March 24 & 25
Board due diligence activities-Week of March 29 & April 5
Board second round interviews with Stakeholders -Friday, April 16
Selection of new superintendent at conclusion of interviews – April 16
Contract negotiated with new superintendent – by April 20, 2021
New superintendent employed and introduced to the community-May 6, 2021
New superintendent contract starts – August 1, 2021 or earlier if possible
Transition plan implemented – August 1, 2021
These dates can be adjusted to meet the specific needs of the Fairview Park City Schools Board of Education.