Following the December announcement that Dr. Bill Wagner will retire at the end of the 2020-2021 school year, the Fairview Park Board of Education is embarking on the search process for a new Superintendent.
The Board is seeking input on characteristics and qualities of a new district leader and invites school and community stakeholders for feedback.
As part of the superintendent search, consultants from Finding Leaders will meet (virtually) with a total of 11 voluntary focus groups comprised of different stakeholders in the school and Fairview Park community.
The Finding Leaders consultants will be asking members of the focus groups to identify desired traits of a superintendent, characteristics and behaviors of the new superintendent, challenges and opportunities the new superintendent will face, etc.
Focus group meetings will be held via Zoom and will be approximately (45) minutes in length. Staff will receive a Zoom invitation from Fairview Communications.
The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, January 27
- District Union Leadership – 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Business Owners/Chamber of Commerce/City Government/Alumni/Community Members– 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. SIGN UP LINK
- Central Administration Staff – 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- Building Principals – 9:00- 9:30 a.m.
- High School Students– One group from 10-10:30 and second from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Gilles Sweet Teaching Staff – 3:00- 3:45 p.m.
- MS/HS Teaching Staff – 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
- District Classified Staff – 4:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Early Education Center Staff – 6:15- 7:00 p.m.
- Gilles Sweet and Early Learning Parents/Guardians* – 7:00 – 7:45 p.m. SIGN UP LINK
- Middle/High School Parents/Guardians* – 7:15 – 8:00 p.m. SIGN UP LINK
*for parents with students in multiple buildings, please choose one meeting to attend that best fits your schedule, or you may attend both.
If you would like to provide input but are unable to attend one of the Zoom meetings, please contact Joslyn Dalton, President, Fairview Park Board of Education, at [email protected] or Amanda Lloyd, FPCS Communications & Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected].
Secure initial input from the Board of Education: January 2021
Conduct focus group meetings: January, 2021
Begin advertising the position: January, 2021
Application deadline: March 1, 2021
Finding Leaders screening and interviews: by March 31, 2021
Report to the Board the list of semi-finalists: April 8, 2021 and the results of the focus groups
Board first round interviews (two nights): Week of April 13, 2021
Board due diligence activities: Week of April 20, 2021
Board second round interviews: Week of April 27, 2021 With Stakeholders
Selection of new superintendent: At conclusion of interviews May 1, 2021
Contract negotiated with new superintendent: by May 1, 2021
New superintendent employed and introduced to the community: by May 6, 2021
New superintendent contract starts: August 1, 2021 or earlier if possible
Transition plan implemented: August 1, 2021