The Gilles-Sweet PTA recently awarded eight members of the teaching staff with funds to purchase supplies and/or equipment for their classrooms. Teachers submitted their proposals on the basis of the Fairview Advantage, the District’s framework for student success.
The following were accepted:
1) Carrie Sheldon – Supplemental Materials for Special Ed Programs
2) Val Buher – Special Ed K-2 Literacy Activities
3) Maggie Arbogast – KIND Committee Support
4) Samuel Goldberg – Author study (to be shared with entire 1st grade team)
5) Lauren Scotta & Michelle Seghi – Shark Week materials (to be shared with entire 2nd grade team)
6) Diane Ward – Building membership for Natural History Museum
7) Diane Ward – Replacement of class sets of books
8) Graham Codney – 3D printer (pictured).
Thank you to this parent organization dedicated to enhancing the learning environment for all students!