Middle School Resources
School Supply Lists
2018-19 Parent/Student Handbook
2019 Summer Reading
Required Summer Reading is returning to LFM Middle School. This means ALL STUDENTS will be required to read their grade level’s required book BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2019.
- All novels by author Alan Gratz to prepare students for the author’s visit on October 2, 2019
- Barnes and Noble at a 20% discount (and tax free) if order is placed by Friday, April 26, 2019.
- Books ordered through the school delivered to students last week of school in May.
- Other options: purchase book on your own, borrow from public library (limited copies/limited borrowing time)
- Students will need to refer to book many times during the month of September.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EVERY STUDENT COME PREPARED ON SEPTEMBER 5, HAVING READ THEIR NOVEL.
- Students will participate in collaborative activities in ELA, Social Studies, Art and Music to support novels’ themes and Mr. Gratz’s visit
- Students will research and create projects centered around their cultural heritage in 6th grade, and cultural/family history in 7th & 8th grades
Optional: Visiting family this summer?
- Ask older relatives (over age 60) about family history they remember or information about their ancestors.
- Possible questions: When did your ancestors come to the U.S.? Where did they come from? Why did they come? Why did they come to Fairview Park, or Ohio?
- Plenty of opportunities to research in September
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 – Tell Me Your Story Exhibition Night: All parents and the community invited to see ALL students demonstrate cultural/family history projects from 5:30 – 7:00 PM
To view your grade level’s required book and/or to take advantage of the Barnes and Noble book order, please click this link. Make a note of any dates and information you want to remember. This letter/order form will also be available on the middle school website. Orders are due on Friday, April 26, 2019. We are looking forward to a great start to the 2019-2020 school year.
Mr. Chevalier – 6th gr. ELA
Ms. Chambers – 7th gr. ELA
Mrs. Frygier – 8th gr. ELA
Mrs. Dill – Librarian (Questions: [email protected])