May 18, 2023
At last week's annual Performing Arts Awards night, 146 Fairview High School students were recognized for their artistic talents and leadership in the school’s Performing Arts programs. The first part of the Awards ceremony featured recognition for all students in grades 9-12 who participated in Band, Orchestra, Choir, or Theatre this school year.
Mr. Cibulskas, Mrs. Needham, Mrs. Karliak and Mrs. Atwood then recognized seniors from the Class of 2023 who earned national and school awards in the performing arts. These awards included:
- John Philip Sousa Award - Joseph Wasco
- Louis Armstrong Award - Bailey Bowles
- National School Orchestra Award - Edward Murton and Kelli Widman
- Director’s Award (Orchestra) - Emma McMonagle
- National School Choral Award - Olivia Hartman
- Fred Waring Director’s Award (Choir) - Anna Shaffer
- Neegan Award for Excellence in Technical Theatre - Kaleigh Cepek and Hailey Demchak
The final part of the evening was recognizing the officers from this year’s performing arts programs and the announcement of next year’s officers.
Congratulations to all the students involved in the performing arts this school year and to the talented musicians, singers, actors, and theatrical technicians from the Class of 2023!