Gilles-Sweet Elementary School
Gilles-Sweet Elementary News & Updates
DERBY DASH RETURNS ON MAY 20, 2023
Get your running shoes ready and support Fairview Park students at the Gilles-Sweet 2023 Derby Dash on Saturday, May 20, 2023!
Registration and check-in begin at 7:30 AM. The 1-mile walk starts at 8:30 AM, and the 5K kicks off at 9:00 AM.
Visit www.fairviewparkschools.org/derbydash and register today!
Welcome Back to Gilles-Sweet Letter for Families
On August 9, 2022, a letter was emailed home to families of Gilles-Sweet from Mr. Krivak and Mrs. Kovi. Click here to download this Welcome Back to School letter.
On Tuesday, February 7, Mayer Middle School will be hosting a 5th Grade Parent Information Night beginning at 6:00 PM in the FHS Auditorium. All current 5th grade families are encouraged to attend. Click on the link above for more information.
Pursuant to R.C. 3313.16 and R.C. 121.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Finance Activities Communications Team of the Fairview Park City School District, Cuyahoga County, Ohio is scheduled for February 2, 2023 at 4:30p.m. in the Conference Room at Fairview Park Board Office, 21620 Mastick Road, Fairview Park, Ohio 44126. Click on the link above for more information.
Pursuant to R.C. 3313.16 and R.C. 121.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Board of Education of the Fairview Park City School District, Cuyahoga County, Ohio is scheduled for February 8, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. in the Warrior Room at the Fairview Park High School, 4507 W. 213th St., Fairview Park, Ohio 44126. Click on the link above for more information.
Members of the community have been working with the Ohio Department of Transportation’s consultants to develop a School Travel Plan to determine community needs for students who walk or bicycle to school. Click on the link above for more information.
Our goal is to keep our students safe! Please observe the following rules when dropping off and picking up your child:
- NEVER park and/or leave your car on Alexander Rd. and West 222 St. when dropping off/picking up your child.
- NEVER double-park on Alexander Rd. and West 222 St.
- NEVER drop off or pick up your child on West 220 St. This is extremely dangerous.
- NEVER use the back parking lot to drop off or pick up your child – this is for buses only.
- NEVER use the front parking lot to drop off or pick up your child – this is for Special Transportation only.
- Students should enter and exit cars ONLY when they are in the curb lane.
- Do NOT allow your child to walk between parked cars and buses to get to your vehicle.
- Use designated crosswalks if you have parked across the street. Jaywalking is unsafe and illegal!
School Day: 8:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m.
- Early Drop off/ Breakfast Drop off by Recess Doors
- 8:20 a.m.
- Students may be dropped off
- 8:25 a.m.
- First Bell
- 8:40 a.m.
- Final Bell
- 2:50 p.m.
- Wave #1: Bus Rider Dismissal
- 2:55 p.m.
- Walker, bike, and car rider dismissal
- 3:00 p.m.
- Wave #2: Bus Rider Dismissal
- 8:00 a.m.